The physico-chemical analysis of olives contributes to the implementation of current food safety regulations as well as to a better understanding and control of the processes involved.
Type of analytics
- pH Analysis.
- NaCl Analysis (titration with AgNO3).
- Free acidity.
- Combined acidity.
- Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD).
- Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD).
- Reducing sugars (HPLC).
- Total sugars (Fehling).
- Organic acids (HPLC).
- Analysis of preservatives (sorbate/benzoate) (HPLC).
- Moisture analysis of the fruit.
- Texture of the fruit.
- Sulphites (titration).
- Olive surface colour (CIELab).
- Fruit ash analysis.
- CO2 dissolved in packaging (titration).
- Water analysis (ISO standards): salinity, conductivity, free chlorine and suspended solids.